Out of Hours
If you phone an out of hours service, you will be put though to one of our call centres where we establish the nature of your call.
We will talk to you about your symptoms and will put you through to the most appropriate health professional, such as a doctor, dentist, nurse or emergency care practitioner. In some cases, we can arrange an ambulance for you.
Remember ,if you think your life is in danger and you need an emergency ambulance, always phone 999.
We provide out of hours call handling across our region:
- East Berkshire Primary Care Out of Hours Services
- North Hampshire Urgent Care (Frimley and Hantsdoc Areas)
- In Hours call handling provided for both of the above during training days
- In Hours administration call handling for East Berkshire Primary Care.
We provide a service for approximately 900,000 patients. We also provide:
- Medical Solutions (In and out of hours private insurance based GP advice line)
- Out of Hours estates cover for Shared Services (NHS buildings)
- District nurses
- Macmillan Nurses
- Telephone answering for surgeries "In hours".
Our out of hours services currently handles over 170,000 calls a year and operates from 1830 to 0800 every day, plus all weekend and public holidays.
If you need to contact your out of hours provider, please ring your GP surgery.