Debbie Marrs, Interim Director of Clinical Services
Our Interim Director of Clinical Services, Debbie Marrs is primarily responsible for the provision of expert clinical guidance to our Trust Board and for establishing and quality assuring appropriate standards of care and clinical governance. The Director is responsible for setting the standards of clinical practice and underpinning educational and training levels required to achieve those the Trust operates to and assuring our Corporate Board of our compliance to those standards.
- The provision of strong clinical leadership at all levels throughout the Trust
- To ensure the Trust has the clinical capacity to provide safe reliable care for its patients
- To establish appropriate standards of clinical care and ensure they are communicated and understood by all staff responsible for delivering care
- To ensure systems are in place to monitor delivery for clinical care across all areas of Trust activity
- To contribute to the development and implementation of alternative models of clinical care to meet the diverse needs of patients
- To ensure the Trust Board understands its statutory duties in respect of patient care and takes action to ensure these duties are met
Debbie Marrs is a registered nurse with 25 years NHS experience mainly in an acute setting. She has experience as a ward sister in orthopaedic trauma and as a matron for all surgical specialities as well as, more recently, as deputy director for patient services in Bedfordshire.
Debbie says: ‘I strongly believe that the principles of high standards and high quality patient care are the same across all NHS services. I am passionate about delivering compassion consistently in our interactions with the public.’