Why do Foundation Trusts have Members?
By becoming a member, whether you are a member of the public, work for a partner organisation or a member of our staff, you are able to have more say in how things are done in order to achieve the best possible quality of care.
Membership numbers are increasing all the time, strengthening the link between your local ambulance service and the local community. It is voluntary and free of charge and obligation. Members are able to give their views on relevant issues for Governors to act on.
As a member there are various ways for you to become more involved in our work if you wish. For example, you can:
- Get up-to-date news about our services in our quarterly Foundation Times newsletter
- Take part in surveys and focus groups
- Volunteer as patient transport driver or a community first responder
- Give us your views about our services, so that we can continue to make improvements in your local area
- Tell us what your local community feels about our services and how they think they could be improved
- Stand for election as a governor or vote for governors
- Attend members only events.
The amount of involvement you have is your choice.
Simply complete the online application form or you can request a form from the membership office on 01869 365126 or email Getinvolved@scas.nhs.uk.