Our Board holds its meetings in public every two months
The Trust Board of Directors comprises both executive directors, who are responsible for the day to day running of the organisation, and non-executive directors, who are lay members of the public drawn for their skills, experience and expertise.
The Board of Directors currently consists of the Chairman and six non-executive directors, and the Chief Executive and six executive directors:
- Trevor Jones, Chairman
- Alastair Mitchell-Baker, Deputy Chairman and Senior Independent Director
- Ilona Blue, Non-executive Director
- Claire Carless, Non-executive Director
- Keith Nuttall, Non-executive Director
- Edward Weiss, Non-executive Director
- Professor David Williams, Non-executive Director
- Will Hancock, Chief Executive
- Debbie Marrs, Interim Director of Patient Care
- John Black, Medical Director
- Duncan Burke, Director of Communications and Public Engagement
- John Nichols, Interim Chief Operating Officer
- Charles Porter, Director of Finance
- James Underhay, Director of Strategy and Business Development
The Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of services, setting the Trust's strategic aims (taking into consideration the views of the Council of Governors), ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place, and agreeing the Trust's values and standards of conduct.
The Board of Directors meets in public on a bi-monthly basis, in May, July, September, November, January and March, usually on the last Wednesday of the month. An Annual General meeting is held in September.
The Chairman is responsible for the conduct of the Trust, for managing the Board and for appointing and reviewing the performance of the chief executive and together for that of other executive directors.
Our non-executive directors do not have any management responsibilities but are available to provide support and advice. They are also responsible for ensuring that the concerns and interests of the public, and our stakeholders, are properly integrated into decision-making and, together with the chairman, for monitoring the executive management of our organisation.
The chief executive, as accounting officer, is responsible for ensuring that the organisation works in accordance with national policy, public service values, and maintains proper financial stewardship. The chief executive is directly accountable to the Board for ensuring that its decisions are implemented.
Meet our non executive directors and executive directors. See our Board members Register of Interests.
Please click here for agendas and meeting papers for 2013 - 14
Please click here for our archived agendas and meetings papers
For more information about the Board, please contact Steve Garside our Company Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org